Friday, August 31, 2007

Thoughts and prayers for my two good friends

Well you can see the pictures of my two favorite east coast Precor reps on this blog. Joe has been my friend for a very long time as we worked together years ago at Stairmaster. Joe's wife Jeanie beat breast cancer 9 years ago and this week she had surgery removing some cancer from her thyroid. They are waiting until Tues. for the results to see what type of cancer and if it has spread. Please hope for the best and that she can move forward with a clean bill of health.
My other buddy Gary has a hard time these past couple of years. His wife suddenly lost her hearing (caused by a virus-rare thing) and she has two implants so she is able to hear. Gary's five year old son has had trouble with seizures and they are hoping he will outgrow them. Recently Gary's mother in law was diagnosed with cancer and she is having surgery.
I spent a week this past March in NY/NJ with these guys traveling around and visiting customers. They are so much fun to hang out with. Joe's brother is a NY city cop/agent and he tells the best stories about his brother's adventures however some are very disturbing. Joe took me to the Little Italy of the Bronx where we had fabulous Italian food and saw all the authentic Italian markets which was really cool.
Gary is a big kid and makes me laugh all the time. He and I always visited Starbucks-something Joe won't do.. Gary set me up in a cool hotel in Manhattan and got me a spa treatment one day before visiting customers. Gary loves sushi like me so we tried one of the "hot" spots in NY this time.
Please say prayers for my two special friends.

No comments: